Tuesday, February 2, 2010

What?! Chocolate is a Vegetable?

I chose to do my blog about chocolate because I love chocolate. My obsession with chocolate caused me to self diagnose myself as a choco-holic. I have not done any tests that back up my claim, but I am quite certain that I have a problem. When I am extremely hungry, chocolate is always the first thing on my mind, which often causes me to eat approximately three chocolate bars in the same instance. I prefer milk chocolate and I surprisingly hate dark chocolate. I don't know what influences my purchasing power when it comes to the different kinds of chocolate I like to buy. There are days when I only want a "Hershey's Cookies n Cream," and there are days when I only want a "Crunchy" bar. I recently discovered the chocolatey goodness of a "Twix" bar. I usually buy the king size one (its huge trust me) and there are usually no leftovers. Mini eggs especially get me in a lot of trouble. I could eat up to 5 bags per day, and always seem to want more. It is a little embarrassing but I try to eat some vegetables to make up for my bad habit.

Take a journey with me as I discover all things chocolate.

5 Fascinating Facts about chocolate


1. Chocolate is a tasty treat from the cacao (kah KOW) tree, and it was discovered 2,000 years ago in the tropical rainforests of the Americas.
2.Roughly two-thirds of the entire world's cocoa is produced in Western Africa
3. Chocolate is good for you! Dark chocolate benefits the circulatory system.
4. Cadbury's in England created the world's first chocolate bar in 1842.
5.Chocolate is a VEGETABLE: Chocolate is derived from cocoa beans. We all know a bean is a vegetable - I guess its not so bad after all, just what the doctor recommended.

5 comments:

  1. Your blog was the only blog that made me hungry and Kevin's Wine blog made me thirsty! I now want to go buy a Caramilk bar. This is yummy! I love this blog. Good job Willy Wonka! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joanna! Willy wonka...I like my new name too. This is how i feel everyday. Chocolate 24/7!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mini eggs are like crack! I don't waste my time with the small bags anymore. I just get the HUGE family bags... for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Talking about chocolates, my dear friend Doreen it reminded me of some chocolates you brought me from your last trip in Africa...what a gift...all I have to say is that you ate them all; I did not even have the chance to see the package! Anyway, have you tried Swiss chocolate: Lindt? For me they are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey I soooo excited to know chocolate is a vegetable. I always thought it was one of the five food groups.

    ReplyDelete